ACADEMIC LISTENING TEST PRACTICE
For Students Preparing for Academic Tests / IELTS and TOEFL
Playing Time: 3 minutes 19 seconds
Discuss these questions with a friend or classmate.
1. What information from this lecture did you find the most interesting? Why?
2. August is named after the Roman emperor Augustus. What other months have Roman origins?
3. How might the world have been different if the Roman Empire hadn't fallen?
4. Why do some people like to study ancient history? What can it teach us?
5. What language did the ancient Romans speak?
6. What other ancient civilizations do you know about?
Note: For more cool ESL resources about travel, visit my All Things Topics site.